Monday 30 June 2014

Sesame Street Cupcakes

My son is obsessed with all things sesame street so when I did a sesame street themed birthday for him last year I spent a lot of time looking at cakes. They all seemed very difficult. These are the four best ideas I came across when I was researching his birthday.


These are the cupcakes I used as inspiration for the ones I ended up making him. There were kind of fiddly but looked fantastic for his first birthday.

The fur is simply made with a grass icing tip which you can purchase from a decorating store. Or I got mine from spotlight.

For the eyes I used mints. I was originally going to use white chocolate buds but I couldn't find them in the right size for my cakes but you might have more luck.

Elmos nose is an orange m and m, and the cookies in cookie monsters mouth are just half of a store bought mini chocolate chip cookie.

All the black featues (I think they are fondant in the pic) but I used a black decorating pen. Which you can find at a cake decorating store.

 
 
 
 
Cookie Monster Below is a similar idea but done with sprinkles rather than the grass tip, which would be a lot quicker to do. Ive also seen them done with shredded coconut and food colouring.
 
 
 
If you don't have the patience to do that sort of decorating go onto ebay and search for sesame street cake toppers. you can get these relatively cheap and then by using a 1M tip and some brightly coloured icing your cupcakes will turn out as cute as these below.
 
 
 
These are exactly the same as above but with some extra sprinkles added. So cute!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment